Heart Rate and Portable ECGContractions of the various parts of the heart are coordinated by natural electric impulses. The way it should, this keeps blood circulating. This portable health monitor records these impulses to show how fast the heart is beating, the rhythm of the heart beats (steady or irregular), and the strength and timing of the electrical impulses. Changes in the ECG may be a symptom of several disorders associated with the heart.
Heart rate is important because the heart's function is the life support system of our being. The heart circulates oxygen and nutrient-rich blood throughout the body. When it's not working properly, just about everything is affected. Heart rate is central to this process because the function of the heart (called "cardiac output") is directly related to heart rate and stroke volume (the amount of blood pumped out with each beat).Your heart rate (also known as your pulse) refers to how many times your heart beats every minute, which is the biggest secret to staying fit and controlling your fitness.
Why might I need to monitor my heart rate?While seemingly basic, your heart rate can actually offer a phenomenal amount of insight into your overall health, cardiovascular fitness, endurance and more. Such reasons for requesting a monitor for heart rate recording or event monitor recording from your healthcare provider include:
- To evaluate chest pain that can't be reproduced with exercise testing
- To evaluate other signs and symptoms that may be heart-related, such as tiredness, shortness of breath, dizziness, or fainting
- To irregular heartbeats or palpitations
- To see how well a pacemaker is working
- To determine how well treatment for complex and abnormal arrhythmia is working
What Heart Conditions can a Portable Heart Monitor Detect?The portable health monitor can help diagnose multiple heart conditions, including:
- To assess risk for future heart-related events in certain conditions, such as hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (thickened heart walls), after a heart attack that caused weakness of the left side of the heart, or Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome (where an abnormal electrical conduction pathway exists within the heart)
- Atrial fibrillation, a rapid heartbeat that can lead to stroke.
- Ventricular tachycardia, a fast heartbeat that starts in your heart's lower chambers
- Other irregular heartbeats (your doctor might call them "cardiac arrhythmias"), including signalling (conduction) disorders and slow heartbeat.
The All-in-one Health Monitor is an ingenious and portable health tracker that features multiple innovative sensors. One of its main features includes a heart monitor wherein it monitors your heart's electrical activity, known as heart rate. The said device can also be converted into a portable heart monitor for baby. It can monitor the heart's electrical activity at rest and provide both heart rate and rhythm information rate. For the purpose that these tests are taken to help assess the overall health and well-being of a person, provide information about possible diseases, and show progress towards recovery, it is important to monitor one's vital signs.
Investing in a comprehensive portable health tracker is important, like Linktop’s All-in-One Health Monitor in which it can provide a basis for determining the state of the body, that also enables the client to monitor his / her medical record.